NHS Induction!!

NHS+Induction%21%21

Chelsea Donovan, Writer

Last night, the National Honors Society inducted a new group of members to join their chapter. They inducted over 40 members total to their club of honorable students. NHS President, Ann Santos, gave a well written speech to welcome the new members. Mr. Berry also gave an amazing speech based around that our hard work should be continued and not “just for your college resume’s”, he also wanted the students to thank their parents for everything they’ve done for them to get them to this point. They also had current members of the chapter participate in a multitude of tasks. Those tasks including: pinning, fire marshal, historian, signing of the book, handing over the candle, and many others. Other current members were line leaders assisting new inductees in where they should go during the ceremony.

President, Ann Santos, gave an amazing speech to welcome the new inductees. Other members of the board including Emily Frocke, Andy Hoffrichter, Vanessa Fox, and Ethan Miletich were discussing the four qualities of each NHS member. These qualities include: scholarship, service, character, and leadership. After each member of the board described a quality, they went to light a candle. This is known as the ceremony of light.

Each new inductee signed the book, were given a candle, and a pin. The students were pinned and signed the book that every Tuscarora NHS member has signed, they then lit their candle as a sign of joining a chapter of honor. Following the ceremony of light, the students recited the National Honors Society Pledge.

After the students were inducted, everyone was invited to have refreshments on main street. Including cake and sorbet punch, while students took pictures with their peers. We are proud our of our NHS Titans!!!