Congratulations Grayson Rule!

Ethan Samet, Writer

The Titan Times Newspaper team would like to congratulate Mr. Grayson Rule for being selected to be a page for the Maryland General Assembly. Grayson is a senior this year described by Mr. Blanchard as a student with “excellent oral communication skills” and one who “is able to think quickly on his feet and is able to organize his thoughts in a precise manner”. Grayson says that his interests lie in the topics of political science, history, and general government so when he heard about this opportunity he jumped at the chance to explore a gateway to a possible career path that would satisfy his interests. As a page Grayson will be doing basic messaging and organizational work for our delegates while getting to know a bit more about the Maryland House of Delegates. He hopes this will let him realize whether or not he truly wants to go into a political career.

Grayson discovered this opportunity through the FCPS school news page and set to work on his assignment. He competed with other high schoolers to give a presentation on the most pressing issue for teens today. Grayson choose the issue of choosing a career in which you will find fulfillment and a feeling of enjoyment. After his presentation teachers and student alike got to ask him questions about his topic. Grayson said that one the most difficult question he had to answer was how we should measure students’ academic aptitude in a way that prepares them for a fulfilling career. He proposed the idea that until grade 11th, at which point a regular grading systems would occur for the sake of efficiency, incorporating the idea of strict deadlines, and to test for proficiency, we should provide narrative reports. These reports would let students actually learn in a way that suites them and to discover different paths to a career. It is with this kind of thinking Grayson has gotten the chance to experience what a political career may be like and to that we say congratulations.