Fairy Houses in Horticulture!

Hannah Mueller, Senior Editor

Plants are a mystical and magical part of nature and so when the trend of fairy arrangements began, it was a match made in heaven! The trend became popular on Pinterest to the point where even our horticulture classes seem to be indulging in this whimsical crafting opportunity. The projects have been in the works for about a week now and are currently having the finishing touches placed on the fairy houses. They’re an adorable addition to any garden and the horticulture students had a lot of fun making them!

Carrie Graham, for example, is a Horticulture 3 student and was enamored with this project. She expressed that during the project that she admired how, “they [the fairy houses]  give a bit of variety to the normal arrangements.” Meanwhile, Horticulture 2 student Haleema Khan says that, “they were simple, but fun make to make.” All in all, the students seem really proud of what they’ve accomplished and after seeing the final results, it’s obvious as to why.

The fairy houses turned out wonderfully! They were cute little houses that any fairy would be happy to live in!  Overall, this project was a delight for everyone involved- the mix of these dazzling plants with the decorations; that they made themselves, is really a phenomenal blend. It works to make these arrangements appear as if they’re truly inhabited by tiny magical beings! They’re absolutely adorable and to anyone who loves gardening and/or crafting, we recommend that you try it yourself. You can find tutorials for this craft or similar ones on Pinterest and if you end up doing one, tell us how it goes!