Tuscarora Places 2nd at Counties!!!

Chelsea Donovan, Writer

Tuscarora High School JV and Varsity cheerleading both competed in last night’s Central Maryland Conference Competition. The JV teams were competing to place in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, and the varsity teams were competing for a spot at the regional competition this Saturday November 4th.

All the schools did such an amazing job, especially our Titans. JV received 4th place with a score of 89.7. They did an amazing job, unfortunately JV teams do not advance to semifinals, but our JV Titans did a great job! Our Varsity cheerleaders also did amazing!!! They placed 2nd out of 7 varsity teams with a score of 119.35, which is setting a new school record because that is the highest score Tuscarora has ever received from a competition.

Varsity will be competing at the 3A/4A Semi-Finals this Saturday November 4th at Harford Community College in Bel Air, Maryland. The competition will begin at 4pm so come support our Titans :). There will be 28 teams competing at this competition for a spot at Finals.

At regionals, the top 14 teams will advance to the State Finals. State Finals will be held on November 11th at Harford Community College, competition starts at 11am. The THS Varsity team placed 8th overall in the entire region. Where they stand right now if they perform just as well they did last night, they have a pretty good possibility of advancing to the State Finals. We wish good luck to the Titans at their competition tomorrow and we hope they will advance to to States. Great job Titans!!