Homecoming Pep Rally

Jessi Carpel, Writer

The Pep Rally was a great way to come together as a school before the Homecoming Parade, Game, and Dance. The activities are able to bring each grade together for healthy competition. The whole school gathered in the gym, sectioned off in grades. Junior, Erin Lillis, stated “I never knew there were so many sophomores, they really came together with wearing their class color and showing off their school spirit.” To start off the assembly, a small group from the THS Show Choir had an amazing performance singing the National Anthem. Following the performance, the fall sports teams were announced and recognized, bringing the stands to their feet- cheering on every team with chants and clapping. The audience then continued to roar in honor of the Homecoming Court. The first activity was Tug-A-War. The most memorable game was Seniors v.s. Staff. With help of the football players on the seniors side, the seniors were able to dominate the staff with no hesitation. The next game was musical chairs. It was crazy to watch the competitiveness of each grade, but the sophomores were able to come out on top in the end. The last and most chaotic and engaging activity was dodgeball. The final match was between the seniors and sophomores. This was the most important game because this would determine which grade would come out with the win. Throughout the whole pep rally, the juniors were by far the loudest grade, showing the most Titan Spirit. But since the seniors had won more activities, it tied them up. The dodgeball game was very intense, because in the previous round, sophomores vs juniors, it came down to a handful of sophomores and one junior. Junior Dalton Kephart was the last man standing and the only hope left for the juniors to take victory. He was able to dodge ball after ball, and eliminate everyone, until there was one person left. The last person standing was able to defeat the juniors, but they didn’t go down without a fight. The sophomores and seniors then went head to head in the final match. The seniors were crowned the winners of dodgeball, and more importantly crowned the winners of the Pep Rally.