Restaurant Review: China Garden

Ethan Samet, Junior Newspaper Editor

China Garden is a quaint little restaurant right next to Frederick High School that offers traditional Chinese cuisine, as well as freshly made sushi. They offer a diverse menu that is centered on various meats, rice, or noodle dishes. The service is quick and the servers, though difficult to understand at times, are always nice. The restaurant offers quick pickup, delivery, and a nice casual dine in experience making it one of the best places to go for Chinese in the Frederick area.

China Garden’s great menu offers a host of different meals that can satisfy almost any palate-given that you are in the mood for Chinese.  The restaurant offers a multitude of main courses ranging from various forms of fried rice to noodles and soups. To go along with your main course they offer many side dishes which include ingredients that range from beef, to poultry, to seafood. They also offer freshly made sushi from a wide menu that contains everything from Tuna Nigini to Shrimp Tempura Maki. We ordered the mixed fried rice, the sweet and sour chicken, and two or three other dishes along with some sushi. Everything came out delicious and quickly. The rice was perfectly cooked with a great mixture of the ingredients while the chicken was an exquisite combination of sweet and sour flavoring. The sushi was both fresh and delectable. All of the exemplary food allowed us to better enjoy our time at China Garden.

Besides the food itself another one of this fine establishments great qualities is its service. While the staff can be difficult to understand sometimes due to their quick speech patterns, they are always courteous. Each and every one of the staff members work to ensure you have the best experience possible while you are dinning. They do their best to bring you the right order as quickly as possible and to make sure your glass is never empty. In our experience with the restaurant we have never gotten the wrong order and when we dine in our glasses are never empty.

As a whole China Garden offers a great many options for food at affordable prices. While their effective and compassionate service provides a great atmosphere for one to enjoy their meal. One of China Garden’s greatest assets can be summed up in one word, convenience. Their quick service in combination with their relatively central and easy-to-get-to location in conjunction with the delicious and diversified menu allow this restaurant to be the premier destination for Chinese food in the Frederick area.