A Night to Remember: Senior Swim Night

Reid Dugan & Drew Johnson, Senior Editor & Writer

The night started off with all the seniors walking through a tunnel with their parents. Everyone was smiling ear to ear. Fans screaming as loud as they could when the athletes entered the pool.  The athletes were emotional, in the blink of an eye their high school swimming career was coming to an end. Each and every one of their parents were shocked at how fast their kids were growing up.

There are a total of ten seniors this year, five boys and five girls. The seniors have become close friends with each other over the past four years and were excited to share this special moment with one another. Each senior lined up next to each other with their roses, shaking the coach’s hands, and thanking them for the memories made over the years. Friends and family members cheered them on as they ran through the tunnel of people and they took multiple pictures to remember this night forever. After the Senior Ceremony the swimmers joined the rest of the team and started the night off with a loud titan cheer to spread titan school spirit throughout the pool. Friends and Family in the stands patiently waited for the meet to start as the officials worked out some technical difficulties. The swimmers lined up behind the blocks and twenty minutes later the Tuscarora Senior Night officially began!

The senior boys, Shaun G., Anthony G., Matt H., Brady P, and Justin K., beat the Frederick Cadets 97-82. The multiple winners for the boys was Anthony G., Matt H., Justin K., Ben M., and Brady P. The boys worked well together in defeating FHS. The senior girls, Shanna C., Sarah P., Reid D., Haley D., and Sarah M., defeated the Frederick Cadets 99-71 with Emily L., Reid D., Sarah P., Shanna C., Molly T., and Rachel G., as multiple winners of the meet. The meet was a great win for both the boys and the girls and was an excellent senior night to be remembered! Friends and family came to support the THS seniors to show their titan pride in defeating the Frederick Cadets and coming together as one team, one titan!
Don’t forget to follow @THSaquatics to stay updated with the Tuscarora Swimming and Diving team!