Book Review: Firefly Lane

Book Review: Firefly Lane

Alexa Vandepoll, Editor in Chief

Many students enjoy reading, but tend to get discouraged when they can’t seem to find the right book. In this new feature, books that have been found interesting to other THS students will be presented to you.

The first book is called Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. This novel is a story about a young girl named Kate who leads a pretty boring life until a girl named Tully Hart and her mother move in across the street from her. Tully and Kate quickly became best friends, even though they are completely different people. Kate is quiet and enjoys staying home on Friday nights, while Tully was a party girl who grew up with no one to count on except her grandmother. The book goes through three generations of these girls being best friends, but Kate always seems to hang in the shadows of Tully. They somehow seem to make it through everything such as fights, jealousy, and distance until an act of betrayal tears them apart.

This book is highly recommended for readers who enjoy stories about friendship, love, and ambition. It’s very well written, and it was a New York Times Best Seller. It’s a book that you won’t be able to put down, and one that you will definitely want to pass along to your best friend when you are finished. If you get a chance to read this novel or if you have a good book you’d like to share, let us know on Twitter; @THS_Newspaper.