Jacob Wilkinson: Continuing the Journey

Holly Jacobson, Editor

Through many years of hard work and dedication to the sport he loves, Jacob Wilkinson has decided to continue his passion for the game at Radford University.

Jacob has been playing soccer since he was four years old. Once he got to Tuscarora High he became the star center back for the Varsity Boys Soccer team throughout all four years, helping him to obtain the record for most career games started here at Tuscarora. Adding to his accolades, Jacob finished Top Ten for scoring in the county as well as making First Team All-County and First Team All MVAL his junior year. In Jacob’s senior year he finished Top Ten 22831333545_876326b0f2_zfor scoring again and though the results for the All MVAL and All County teams have yet to come out we are expecting to see him there once again. Outside of Tuscarora High School, Jacob played for the Maryland Olympic Development Program, also known as ODP. He helped his team win Regionals in 2013 which led them to Nationals where they placed second. However, there is more to Jacob than being the talented player that he is. He served as a Captain for his ODP team and the Tuscarora Boys’ Soccer program. Former teammates from Tuscarora, Will Broberg and Ryan Bonano say “He doesn’t talk much but when he does it’s always the perfect thing to say” and that “you know every time he steps onto the field he’s going to give his all”.22805317556_60267be1df_n

Jacob says that the hardest part about the recruiting process is “finding the perfect school for you, that includes everything you want academically and for soccer”. Between the many options that he had, such as William and Mary and Lehigh University, Jacob decided Radford University was the place for him. It includes a competitive program for soccer and a great academic program for his intended major in business. “I really loved the coach and the team when I was introduced to them, they’re a family to each other and I really wanted to be a part of that” Jacob said when asked why he decided to play for Radford.

Jacob Wilkinson may be a Highlander at Radford University next fall but once a Titan, always a Titan!