Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Nominee for THS

Mr Hartman, Adviser

For the past 26 years FCPS has participated in the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Award celebration. Each year one student is selected at each high school to represent their school for this celebration. Students are nominated by teachers, counselors, and administrators who believe their nominees to be exemplary examples of courage, perseverance, and commitment to equality. The students selected must possess and demonstrate the leadership characteristics of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

This years’ Tuscarora High school nominee is Princess Jennifer Dela Cruz Santos. Princess exemplifies the leadership qualities that encourage others to achieve more than they thought was possible. Princess leads by example. As Team Captain of the Show Choir, she builds confidence through her positive energy. Princess also demonstrates sensitivity to the struggles of other students and offers unwavering support and guidance to her fellow students.

Princess intends to enter the medical field after graduation. Her empathetic awareness, sensitivity and leadership style will be a blessing to her future patients. The path Princess has chosen is certainly a “Commitment to lifelong service”. Tuscarora is very proud of Ms. Princess and we sincerely appreciate her positive spirit and her commitment to walking the walk when it comes to the Titan way!