Student Spotlight: Kate McGeehan

Student Spotlight: Kate McGeehan

Alexa Vandepoll and Holly Jacobson

Tied for number one in her class, Kate McGeehan is achieving big things in her high school career. When asked what keeps her motivated, her simple response was, “my family, especially my mom”. A look inside of Kate’s life may inspire you to reach for greatness inside of the classroom.
Many may believe that high school is easy for people like Kate, but just like plenty of others, she struggles with classes that don’t interest her. AP Bio was the most challenging class that she has taken, because she isn’t interested in going into the science field.
As we all know, Kate couldn’t be successful without the help of her teachers and family. We asked Kate who she would pick to be her teacher if she could choose anyone in the world and she answered, “John Stewart from the daily show, because he attacks all sides of politics and I feel as though I could learn a lot from him about how to look at the world.”
During her summers, Kate is a lifeguard and a swim coach, to keep up her skills for the winter season of Tuscarora swim team. Two summers ago, she was able to journey to Costa Rica in order to run a summer camp. This was very exciting for her because she hopes to one day travel the world.
College is right around the corner for Kate. While her number one school is William and Mary, her other top choices include North Eastern and Georgetown. In college she hopes to study law, and eventually make her way to law school. Given her drive and obvious commitment to her academics, we have great confidence that Kate will make her Titan family very proud.