Titans Athletes Sign Their Letters of Intent!!

Andrew Edwards, Newspaper Editor

Every year, the first Wednesday of February is a day many athletes look forward to. It is the day that division 1 and division 2 athletes are eligible to chose the college of their choice. Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022 was a day many titan athletes and supporters were awaiting. This year, Tuscarora had the privilege of witnessing the official commitments of 7 titan athletes! Congrats to Danielle Bonanno, Drew DeSanto, Ryan DeSanto, Laura Mancinelli, Sophia Routzahn, Kyle Sanger, and Jasmine Sims on continuing their dreams and passions at the next level! Each one of these athletes deserves recognition for the hours of hard work, dedication, and pain to get to this point.

Danielle Bonanno worked extremely hard throughout her four years on the soccer team. That hard work and dedication is what earned her this great opportunity to continue her playing career at the division 2 level. Congrats on your commitment and good luck at Shepherd!!!

Drew and Ryan DeSanto were the epitome of what a student-athlete should be. They were never a problem off the field, which made it easier for their progression on the field. The worked together as high school teammates, and will have the opportunity to continue as college teammates. The impacts these two had on the baseball field the school will never be forgotten. Congrats on your commitments and good luck at Saint Joseph’s!!!

Coach Gray, the girls lacrosse coach, had so much to say regarding the progression Laura Mancinelli had showed throughout her four years at Tuscarora. Laura not only made her family and coach proud, but her team and the rest of the student body showed their gratitude for Laura when she signed. She has a lot in store for her at the next level. Congrats Laura on your division 1 commitment to Fairleigh Dickinson!!!

The swimming coach could not stop talking about how much Sophia had accomplished during her time on the swim team. From talking about the many records he holds, to how much she progressed at Tuscarora, the swim coach was expecting big things at the next level. Congrats on your commitment and good luck at the University of New Hampshire!!!

Kyle Sanger, just like any other athlete, had been looking forward to this moment. Even though he was moved on to varsity his freshman year, he never slowed down. He still continued to get better and prove why he was deserving of his spot. Kyle is going to do so much at the division 2 level. Good luck at Barton!!!

Jasmine Sims dedicated so much time and effort during her four years to Tuscarora to get to this point. Everyone knew that she had the talent to continue on into the next level, and that showed out on the soccer field. The once striker turned center-back has many things to look forward to in college. Congrats on your commitment to play division 1 soccer at Rider University!!!

Each and every one of these athletes worked so hard to get to this point in their lives. The impacts and legacies each of these individuals has left at Tuscarora will never be forgotten. Good luck to each of these athletes throughout your future endeavors. We are so proud!!!