THS Mock Trial Team racking up the wins!

Alyssa Lang, Writer

On January 19th of 2022, Tuscarora’s mock trial team took their second win against Frederick High, as defense, that night at Walkersville Highschool.  The trial started at 5:30 PM and ended at 8 PM with the jury ruling in favor of the defendant being negligent in the estate of Aaron Griggs vs. Jodie Donahue.  The team is coached by two of Tuscarora’s teachers in the history department, Kathrine Bartman and James Lanning.  Their third coach is a local Frederick attorney, Carin Golze, who gives a professional eye on their case work.  Tuscarora’s plaintiff ensemble contained three attorneys: Samiha Vali, Enguun Chinbat, and Alyssa Lang.  The attorneys were also accompanied by the following witnesses: Chrystel Bollozos Josol, Jianna Rogers, and Giulietta Jafari.

This is not Tuscarora’s first win, on Wednesday January 12th the six students who make up the defense took on Walkersville High’s plaintiff side.  During the trial all three attorneys made objections that were sustained, meaning they were in their favor.  The ruling was in favor that the defendant was not liable in the estate of Aaron Griggs vs. Jodie Donahue.  The mock trial has been a team since 2018, whilst maintaining an honorable position in competitions throughout all four years.  Tuscarora even continued during 2020-2021 when covid was at its peak and students at home taking virtual classes.  There is no doubt that the team has dedication and the strength to bring home another win.

If you are interested in getting involved with the THS Mock Trial Team please contact Ms. Bartman or Mr. Lanning for more information.