Winter Sports Begin on Monday!!

Winter Sports Begin on Monday!!

Andrew Edwards, Newspaper Editor

After a phenomenal fall season in which we saw many sports teams win regionals and make deep runs at a state title, winter sports have arrived. Today, November 15th, winter sports teams will hold the first tryouts. Such winter sports include boys and girls basketball, bocce, cheerleading, boys and girls indoor track, boys and girls swimming, and last but not least, wrestling. It is not too late to play for these teams. If anyone is interested in playing a winter sport, contact athletic director Mr. Putterman, at [email protected] for more information. 

Titans have big hopes this winter season. These squads want to ride the success that the fall teams started. Despite the hard work and dedication that the fall organizations put forth, they, unfortunately, could not bring a state championship home. Every winter sports team is now looking to do just that. After coming so close, every Titan is motivated to come through with a state title. 

Senior swimmer Kyle Sanger shared his thoughts on the upcoming season. “I’m looking forward to the swimming season, especially after getting Covid and missing the entirety of last season. I think it’s going to feel good to have a whole season, but I’m skeptical about how the whole weekly testing protocol is going to be. Along with what that means for teams and competitions when/if someone tests positive.” Even though restrictions have been relaxed, people are still cautious about how the virus will impact the upcoming season. Nevertheless, there is still excitement and optimism within every athlete for the winter season! 

The student section at every game was essential to the success of each fall team. That same energy needs to be sustained if the hopes of a state title want to remain alive. Go out and support your titan athletes! Be a part of what hopes to be a long and successful season, ending in parades and new banners! This season will be one to remember.