Fall Sports Update

Fall Sports Update

Andrew Edwards, Newspaper Editor

The new school year is underway, which means fall sports have begun. Sports like football, soccer, golf, volleyball, field hockey, cheerleading, and cross country are all in full swing with practices and scrimmages to prepare for the upcoming season, which is getting closer and closer by the day. The players and the coaches are excited to get the season underway and put last year behind them. For the fans, excitement is also building. Unlike last year, fans will be allowed back at the fields to cheer on the Titan athletes. Everyone has something to look forward to this upcoming fall season.

The golf team has already gotten underway with their season as they participated in a tri-match on August 23rd. Their next match will be at 4:00 pm on August 30th, at the Glade Valley Golf Club. As for the rest of the fall teams, the Tuscarora football and boys soccer team will kick off the season on Friday, September 3rd. The football team will host Middletown at 6:30 pm, and the boy’s soccer team will start up a tournament at Urbana high school with their first game at 3:30 pm. The girl’s soccer team will follow up with a contest of their own at 5:00 pm September 4th, at Chesapeake High School. Cross Country will begin their season at Brunswick for the invitation on September 4th. Field Hockey will start their season hosting Manchester Valley at 4:00 pm on September 8th. Last but not least, Volleyball opens up at Walkersville for an in-county matchup at 6:45 pm on September 9th. For more information on other games, dates, times, and locations, visit the Tuscarora Athletics website. 

This season will be unforgettable, and you don’t want to miss it. Please go out and support our titans. No matter the score or the record, show up and show your appreciation for all of our student-athletes and give them a season that they won’t ever forget. If anyone has any questions, visit the Tuscarora athletic web page or email Tuscarora’s athletic director [email protected]. If you have specific questions for a particular coach, visit the coachingstaff website, where you can locate the email for all head coaches.