Titans continue their winning ways!

Drew Johnson, Writer

Titans hold onto another close win

The Tuscarora Titans faced the Urbana Hawks, Tuesday night in CMC action. The game started off all in Urbana’s favor, they took absolute control of the tempo and their student section was pumped up when they opened up a 10 point lead against the Titans. That small lead the Hawks started out with didn’t last long. Obe Noel nailed a 3-pointer taking the Titans into the 2nd quarter with a 14-10 lead. They worked hard to fight back and took the lead in the final seconds of the first quarter.

Coach Whitten (Tuscarora Head Coach) asks the boys, “Are you guys finally ready to play?” Everyone came out of the break hyped up and ready to play. It started off with a couple easy layups and some easy rebounds, pushing the Titans lead further ahead. Tuscarora Senior, Alex Morrow, came in hot after being scraped up in the first quarter by forcing easy turnovers, steals, and fast break points. The Tuscarora Titans went into halftime with a 28-25 lead.

The third quarter started off slow, going back and forth, matching bucket for bucket with the Hawks. In the final minutes of the quarter the Titans started to take away with the lead, but the refs continued to make awful calls, absolutely slowing the game down. The Titans lead 42-35 going into the fourth quarter.

The refs lost complete control of the game, elbows being thrown by each team. Kevin Bell’s jersey gets yanked on and the referees call a foul on Kevin somehow. With four minutes into the fourth quarter nobody has scored a single basket. The Titans are victorious again, defeating the Urbana Hawks with a final score of 49-46 taking their record to 17-1, currently the best record in the CMC.